Prof Ir RUDY C TARUMINGKENG, MF, PhD
Born in Kakas, Minahasa (North Celebes), Indonesia
Language: Indonesian (native), English (second), Dutch (passive)
Doctoral supervision: over 30 doctors (IPB, UGM, TUP), on various academic/scientific aspects (Natural Resource Management, Pest Management, Forest Economics , Entomology, Ecology, Rural Development)
· Professor (Emeritus) Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)
· Professor of Management Science, Krida Wacana Christian University (UKRIDA), Jakarta
· Professor of Science Philosopgy, Graduate School, IPB (Bogor Agricultural University)
· Professor of Strategic Management, Graduate Programs, UKRIDA, Jakarta
University education and certification:
· Ir (Forest engineer), University of Indonesia, Bogor, Indonesia, 1962
· Professorial Lecturer in Management (Graduate Program) Technological University of The Philippines, Manila (1998)
In the last twenty years he served as:
· Professor, Science Philosophy, Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB) Graduate School
· Chairman, Board of Professors, Institut Pertanian Bogor (2004-2006)
· Member, Academic Senate of Institut Pertanian Bogor (2000-2006).
· Professor, Dept. of Forest Products Technology, Faculty of Forestry, IPB, (1978-2006)
· Member, National Pesticide Commission (Komisi Pestisida R.I.), 1994-2005.
· Consultant to the Asia-Pacific Forestry Commission (APFC) of FAO (1997 - 1998),
· Member of the Indonesian Delegation to the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Forests (IPF) IV, New York, 11 - 22 February 1997.
· Advisor to the Indonesian Delegation, United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, New York, 11 - 29 April 1995,
· Rector, Krida Wacana Christian University (UKRIDA), Jakarta, 1991-2000.
· Director, Graduate Program, Krida Wacana Christian University (UKRIDA), Jakarta, 2000-2013
During 1991-1994 as Adviser in Planning to the Ministry of Forestry, he participated in designing the Second National Forestry Long Term Plan.
Since 1966 he has held various positions as project leader, consultant and advisor in numerous tasks and projects within the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry, and the Ministry of Education and Culture in the field of Forest Management, Forest Policy, Forest Protection and Human Resource Development, and University Planning and Development.
Experiences in University Administration and Management includes:
· Dean Faculty of Forestry, IPB-Bogor -- three terms (1968/69, 1970/71, 1977/78),
· Associate Dean IPB-Graduate School since its inception in 1975 through 1978.
· Rector Cenderawasih (State) University, Jayapura and Manokwari, Papua/West New Guinea (1978 - 1988)
· Indonesian Project Coordinator for CIDA-DIKTI's Eastern Islands Universities Development Programs (January 1998 - June 1991).
· Chairman, IPB Board of Professors (Ketua Dewan Guru Besar IPB), April 2004 – January 2006.
· Director, Graduate Program, UKRIDA (Krida Wacana Christian University), 2000-2013
· Elected member, Indonesian People's Representative Assembly (MPR-RI, 1982-1987), representing the Province of Irian Jaya (Papua).
His specialties are management (institutional and human and natural resource), biology/ecology, mathematical modeling in biology, pesticide toxicology and education management. His publications include over 100 papers/articles, including three textbooks (all in Indonesian):
· Insecticides (properties, mode of actions and metabolic fate) -1991 (ISBN 979-410-269-8)
· Population Dynamics (Quantitative Ecology) -1994 (ISBN 979-8396-01-4), and
· Management of Forest Products Deterioration – 2000 (ISBN 979-8396-10-3).
His Master’s thesis at Duke University (1964) is on the evaluation of natural resistance of several wood species to the termites, Reticulitermes flavipes and R. virginicus, and PhD thesis at University of Wisconsin-Madison (1975) on the ultrastucture of the olfactory sensory receptor on the antenna of the termite, Coptotermes formosanus
Presently he also serves as professor in Management Science, Krida Wacana Christian University's Graduate School (M.M. Program) and The Technological University of the Philippines, Manila (Bina Mulya Program, Jakarta)
Awards: from The Republic of Indonesia:
· Satya Lencana Karya Satya Kelas I (First Class Honor Medal for outstanding public service), 1987
· Satya Lencana Karya Satya 30 Tahun (Honor Medal for 30 years of continuous and outstanding public service, 1998)
· Anugeraha Sewaka Winayaroha (Award for outstanding service in Higher Education). 30 October 2006
E-mail address: [email protected]
Personal homepage: http://rudyct.com
Revised: February 2015